Getting the Software
Each of the products within SwanSim have a number of ways in which you can download them. If you just want to download them and run then there are pre-compiled packages for a number of platforms. The exact set of platforms can vary between products but most are available on both 64-bit Windows as standard installers, and on 64-bit Linux as gzipped tar files. The pre-compiled packages are available under each section of the 'Downloads' area.
If you plan to develop new code, extend the functionality or are just interested in building them yourself, there are two ways to get the code:
- Download the source code as either a zip file or a gzipped tar file.
- Clone our git repository anonymously (read-only)
Whichever option you choose, the links are available on each products download page.
Compiling the code
All of the software on this site is built using CMake and, as far as possible, is built and tested on the following platforms:
- Windows 10 (64-bit) using Visual Studio 2013 (and Intel Fortran 2015, where applicable)
- Windows 10 (64-bit) using Visual Studio 2015 (and Intel Fortran 2017, where applicable)
- CentOS 7 (64-bit) using their standard versions of GCC (and GFortran, where applicable)
- Windows 10 (64-bit) using the MinGW-64 compilers (GCC, and GFortran where applicable). A guide to installing these compilers is provided here in our Guides section.
Where a product requires third-party libraries, each download page contains a link to pre-compiled versions for each of the above platforms.